Tuesday 1 May 2007

Alcohol


Lets get one thing sorted from the get go, everyone that is going to read this now, I can safely say, has been as intoxicated to their hearts content more than once, for many, possible before the legal age of when we are allowed to be served with alcohol, correct? Therefore, I can safely lead to the assumption that all of you have had on of the worst feelings in the world, a hangover. And I can then say that, for most of you, you properly responded with, “I’m very going to drink again!” Correct? However, I also presume that you have all drank again, and possible got as bad, if not worse than the last time you said, “Never again!” Does this therefore lead that we are all alcoholics? That we are all addicted and need alcohol in our lives?
Working in a pub and nightclub in the middle of Wolverhampton, I can say that the temptation for alcohol is always there, and I can easy get as fubared as I want every night. Yet I choose not to if I don’t want to, if I want to go out and spend the whole night drinking J2O or pop I can quiet easily do so.
So I presume that that doesn’t make me an alcoholic because I don’t need a drink every time I go out. I have the will power and the to turn around and say that I don’t want to drink.
Yet for some, people don’t have the will power to turn around and say that, they need a drink every time they go out, to “enjoy their selves.”
For me alcohol can be one of the most dangerous, in that it can kill you and hurt others around, drug that we can become addicted to. It comes down to will power and to have the responsibility for our actions in the amount we drink, which I know is very hard for us students to accomplish.

You want to know what it like for a real alcoholic, read this, http://www.pbs.org/wnet/closetohome/stories/html/peggy.html

No comments: